Over the years I have come across some very wise, honest and caring people who have happily shared little pearls of wisdom at various stages of my life. Some of these have been given directly by someone close to me and others I’ve heard, read or seen along the way. Each of them have made a significant impact on my values and beliefs as well as my attitude and behaviour towards myself, others and the world around me.
I thought I’d share the love by listing some of my personal favourites:
- What others think of me is none of my business.
- You don’t have to follow everyone else. Be proudly you.
- Giving other people your smile doesn’t cost you anything.
- There are three versions to every story. Yours, theirs and the truth.
- Love people and use things. Because the opposite almost never works.
- You will only ever see and believe what you choose to see and believe.
- Never fight anger with anger. Fight anger with kindness.
- Be kind. Always.
- Every soul is born beautiful and innocent. Then the world hosts an intervention.
- If you want to see results you have never seen, you need to do things you have never done.
- We are given one opportunity to embrace this life. Embrace it with all the enthusiasm you can muster.
- It’s not what happens to you that matters. It’s how you respond to what happens to you that matters.
- You really need to stop playing the old tapes in your head. It’s time to make yourself some new tapes.
- Your body, your mind and your soul are your own unique miracles. Treat them with absolute reverence.
- When another person says or does something nasty to you, it is almost never about you. It is almost always about them.
- It doesn’t matter what you look like. What you say, how you say it, what you do and how you make others feel is what matters.
Whilst I would love to credit each one to their rightful source, I know I will only misalign the acknowledgements or leave an important someone out.
Instead I would like to dedicate this post to every person out there who has taken the time to share their own wise words with another.
You are changing the world.
One little pearl of wisdom at a time….